Evie has taken a recent interest in the Presidents. She is quickly learning them all by name and can even recognize a few of their pictures. She has told me that Obama is her best friend because he has beautiful skin and hair (sure... Why not?). I don't know how to tell her that we're Republicans. But regardless of my own opinions on the POTA I have always taught her that we are to respect him as the leader of our country, something she seems to take very seriously. She was very excited when I told her we would be going to one of the President's homes, and kept saying she hoped we saw Obama. I had to explain that we were going to James Madison's house, but that he was up in heaven now. She still asked to see Obama. Maybe someday, kid. Maybe someday.
On Monday Montpelier had a homeschool day. It was a little short notice and Jordan was unable to attend so I asked my father-in-law to come along to help me not lose a child. Evie and Catherine are generally pretty good, but Emmy has recently taken to running off and not looking back, even if we are yelling for her. I figured an extra set of hands would be helpful.
We had a good time! The older girls seemed to enjoy learning about James Madison and his home, and they especially liked the play area they had set up outside. I couldn't take many pictures because my (almost) 69 year old father in law can only run so fast and I couldn't keep everyone together and take pictures at the same time. But here are a few I got while they played outside with some colonial era toys.
Sack race!
It was such a fun and wonderful learning experience! We are hoping to visit a few more Virginia President homes this year, hopefully when Jordan can join us!






No comments:
Post a Comment