The recipe is simple:
2 cups baking soda
2 tbsp salt
1 tsp dish soap (I used blue Dawn)
Food coloring
About 1/4 cup water
Mix baking soda and salt, then add soap and mix until crumbly. Add 1/4 cup water. I then split into two batches and dyed one batch pink and one blue. Mix well. If it's too crumbly you may need to add a tiny bit more water until it's moldable.
The girls LOVED it. Evie declared that it felt like cake frosting, and it did! But Emmy discovered that it does NOT taste like frosting. Ick. They played and squished the colors together to make purple dough (they love color mixing) then we added the secret ingredient: vinegar. You can put this in little squirters, but I don't have any so I just poured them each a cup of vinegar and they dumped it on top of the dough.
It erupted into a glorious foam!
Catherine thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Emmy let out a few "Wow!"s. It was really fun stuff.
Now. What else can we do until that baby is born?!






No comments:
Post a Comment