Monday, July 14, 2014

Getting Ready for Back to School

This year is Evie's first year of school! We have in the past done some homeschool preschooling, and while we are continuing to homeschool her for pre-K this year, she is also starting Classical Conversations in September! We are very excited for this next step in our lives. I am still a bit overwhelmed and not really sure what to expect, but I'm looking forward to watching her grow as she learns so many new things.

CC covers all subjects but Math and Phonics, so for this year I decided to go with A Beka's Letters and Sounds K5 and Numbers Skills K5. I looked at their four-year-old curriculum and thought Evie was beyond that, so we are starting with the Kindergarten work and taking it slowly. I have also been trying to get into the habit of reading a Bible story to the girls every morning and talking about what they have learned.

One thing I am really looking forward to this year is educating myself along side my daughter. It's been a long time since I've been in school, and looking over everything she will be doing this year shows me that I will also be learning a lot. I will hopefully be able to brush up on the basics, and be able to better teach my girls as they grow. Poor Evie has to be my guinea pig as I figure this all out; but just like everything else, she and I will learn and make our mistakes together.

So, there you have it. Only a few more weeks of Summer vacation! Here's to a successful first school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment