Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How Catherine Got Her Name

We have a lot of people inquire about Catherine's name.  Especially the middle one.  So, here it is. 

When we went in for our 20 week ultrasound we brought Evie along.  Every time she saw the baby on the screen she would yell "Kee kee!" Which at the time meant kitty.  I jokingly said that we should name the baby Katherine and call her Kitty.  I hadn't really considered the name, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it. It took us a while to decide if we wanted to go with a C or a K, but in the end we obviously went with the spelling of Catherine.  We felt it was just a little more classic.

As for her middle name.  We had a really hard time with this.  We had a list of names we were considering, but nothing sounded right.  About two weeks before she was born we were watching Star Wars (which we had just bought on Blu-Ray) and as Obi Wan was talking about Mos Eisley we had a lightbulb moment.  We had briefly discussed using Eisley (also one of my favorite bands) when I was pregnant with Evie, but had never mentioned it this time around.  And that was that.  Catherine Eisley.

So there you go, that's how our darling baby girl got her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment