Monday, April 25, 2011

12 Month Appointment

I just got back from Evie's one year appointment.  Yes, I know she's almost 13 months.  I'm lazy, and very bad at making appointments.

She's a little behind with the standing/walking, but I'm not worried about it since she now knows over a dozen words and knows the three non verbal communication skills that they don't look for until 15 months.  So, you know, she's a smarty.  She is now 18 pounds and 29 inches tall.  I can't believe how tall she is!!  Oh, and I think her head circumference was 17 1/2 inches.  I was pretty sure that she went through a growth spurt a couple weeks ago because I kept looking at her and thinking about how tall she looked.  My big girl.

She also had her blood drawn, and her iron levels are very normal, so YAY, and she didn't make a PEEP during the process.  She also got three shots, prevnar, chicken pox, and MMR.  She didn't like those.  Usually she doesn't even flinch for shots, but because the last two she had never had before, and they tend to hurt more than some of the others, my poor girl cried :(  But she was okay after a minute of snuggling with Mommy.

AND the ped prescribed some cream since it appears that her labia has fused shut.  I felt really bad about it.  But, it's pretty common because baby girls just don't have much estrogen, so it happens.  Luckily we caught it before it went completely shut or she would have had to have surgery!

All in all it was a good appointment.  I can't believe my little baby is 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment