Monday, April 19, 2010

Meeting Grandma Jean

I was lucky enough to meet my great-great grandmother when I was a little girl, and when I was younger I was extremely close to my great grandmother, who is still living today.  She was unable to come to the hospital when Evangeline was born, so today Jordan and I took our daughter to meet her great-great grandma Jean.  As soon as we walked through the door Grandma was ready to hold her, and Evangeline cuddled with her happily for well over an hour... until she got hungry and demanded Mommy.

I loved seeing them together.  Grandma Jean is one of my favorite people in the whole world.  She's so sweet and generous and loving and spoiled me absolutely rotten as a kid.  And having her tell me that I am a good mother was extremely meaningful, being as she raised five children of her own.

Anyway, here are some pictures we took to mark this special occasion.

 I think this is my favorite



I love how Evie is looking right at her in this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment