I found out I was pregnant on August third. You know how you hear about those women who know right away? Well, I was one of them. I just knew something wasn't right. On August 2 we went to Massanutten Water Park to celebrate my nephew, Tennyson's, second birthday, and I definitely suspected I was pregnant. The next morning it was confirmed and I didn't believe it. Seriously, I kept going, "Is that a line? Is that ACTUALLY a line?" then I'd turn away and sneak another peak, and that line didn't go away. Even though this pregnancy wasn't exactly... planned... I was thrilled. Jordan and I were planning on trying before TOO long, it was just a little sooner than we originally thought. Jordan was still asleep, and I decided to wait to tell him until later. I called into work because I really didn't have the emotional tolerance for retail that day, and kept my mouth shut all morning and early afternoon until Jordan went into work at 1.
I then made a trek to Walmart and bought a baby keepsake box and some knicknacks to put inside. The box contained: Two books- The Expectant Father and Your Pregnancy Week by Week for the Father-to-be, A pack of white onesies, a bib that says "I love Daddy" and a card. When I got home I called my OB-GYN and set an appointment for September 8th and tried not to go crazy waiting for Jordan to get home.
Jordan got home right around 10 that night, and I had the box hidden strategically underneath a blanket in the living room. I was going to wait until after he had a shower and ate something before telling him, because, well, he was a little cranky. But, being my husband, he starts straightening the living room and picked up the blanket, revealing the box. I could have easily said, "Oh, that's a gift for Brittany and Tom or Cameron and Sara (Brittany had Raleigh on July 20th and Sara was due with Micah later than month) but I panicked. I sat him down and told him that I got him a gift, then handed him the box. He looked through all the stuff, completely OBLIVIOUS so I said, "I think maybe you should ask off September 8th." He just kind of looked at me... "Why?" he asked. "Because that's when we're going to meet our baby." Nothing. "I'm pregnant." The next five minutes consisted of a lot of "Really?" "Yeah." "You're sure?" "I have 17 positive tests in the bathroom if you want to see." "Seriously, you're pregnant??" I remember Jordan covering his face with his hands, then walking to me and giving me a hug and kiss. It was all okay. We were having a baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment